Countries Publishing Free Photo Guides

Monday, August 25, 2008

Welcome To My Project

Welcome, you are probably here because you are a keen landscape photographer always on the lookout for new places to explore and photograph. Well you are definitely not alone.

I have been thinking for a long time about how to harness the incredible capabilities of the internet to create a set of tools and forums for photographers to share their favorite place with their peers. I kept seeing pieces of the puzzle unfolding, but it was only recently that I came across the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle that would allow me to make this project real without investing a lot of time or money in custom development.

Google's Knols (a unit of knowledge) were designed specifically to allow an author to publish an authoritative article on a particular topic. This was the simple authoring solution that I was looking for... the fundamental building blocks.

So... welcome to my Open Source Photography Guide Project. If you would like to be part of this project... you can... in a number of ways.
  1. You can spread the word and send others to http://freephotoguides.blogspot.com
  2. You can write about your own favorite photography locations
  3. You can collaborate with an author to improve a guide that they have already created
  4. You can volunteer to be a state or country administrator (to roll-up guides from your local photographers)

I look forward to hearing what you think of this project.... please spread the word... and write your own photographic guide to your favorite location. If you need a hand getting started, just email me at brentbat@gmail.com and I'll help you get going.

Enjoy
Brent

1 comment:

dasSuiGeneris said...

This sounds like a great project! I had to read the contributors guidelines in order to really grasp the concept, but after seeing the operations I can sense this might be something that I would like to participate in. I am in the USA, state of Ohio. It would be great to hear how the project is going so far! Oh, and I clicked through from here: http://thiefimages.wordpress.com/

Take Care! ~das~